Saturday, November 3, 2007

Day Ten: Just about, but almost.

Day Ten. The Day I Almost Failed.

So, I was sittin', chillin', drinkin' Coke, playin' Guitar Hero with some friend when I was on my laptop and saw that Switchfoot put a song up that you can get either with a financial donation to Habitat for Humanity, a time donation to Habitat for Humanity, or free if you're too broke. I was just about to pay for my donation, then I stopped myself? Would that be classed as paying for music, thus buying an album, thus breaking lent? Or, because it is a charitable donation, would that nullify the fact that I would, in essence, be buying music?

Interesting tidbits about that song. In the summer (the song is called 'Rebuild'), Jon Foreman and Matt Thiessen (from Relient K) wrote it for their current tour together. A few hours later, Relient K's bus burned down. Now, San Diego, Switchfoot's hometown, got largely destroyed by fires. Don't you think a song like that is even more fitting?

It's interesting, because I was in San Diego over New Year's this past, and some of the places we were aren't there anymore. It's just one of these times where you just have to sit back and think about how precious life is and how quickly it can be gone.

When they hide in the shadows of night, light 'em up.

No comments: