Sunday, November 11, 2007

Day (?): .................?

God is crazy. There, I said it. God is crazy.

Since I have started not buying awesome for 40 days (throughout the rest of this post, I will hereby refer to CD's as 'awesome'), I have noticed some cool changes in my life :).

It helped having a ridiculously convicting Local Outreach week this past week. God has definitely confirmed some things in my mind and has got me to think about other things that I have thought about, but not seriously enough to do something about it......until now.

Like, for instance, now when I go and grab some Tim Horton's or something, even though I have almost $200 left to pay off on my credit card, I always tip the remainder of whatever I pay with. At the start of the year, I started saving all of my tips and money I'd find on the ground to give to missions. Now, at the end of the day, I'm starting to put all of my change that's under a toonie in the same pot.

Lo and behold, buying cd's isn't bugging me nearly as much as I thought it would. Who'd'a thunk?

So, I'm thinking about volunteering at the Salvation Army now. That'd be pretty cool :).

Here now is why God is fricking crazy, repeatedly blows my mind, and why this post got started last night, was supposed to be posted last night, and ended up not being posted.

See, I've got a friend back home who used to be a HUGE jerkbag with the biggest ego this world has ever seen. I am not joking. Nor am I exaggerating or using any figures of speech. Only Kanye West's is bigger. When I was home back in August, when we were walking around after youth, he asked me, "So, how's your walk with God been?" It took me a little bit to respond because I was in shock that HE, of all people, would ask me this question. Of ANYONE I know, even those that DON'T know Jesus, he was THE LAST person I would've EVER guessed would have asked me that question. Ever. Two nights ago, he told me that God is leading him (with some obvious evidence) towards being a worship leader. That's pretty freaking sweet. When I, relative to this point, was halfway through typing this post, he got on msn and we started having a good conversation. This was around 12:20-30-ish. The Internet goes off at 1. We kept talking until 2. It was one of those conversations that needed to be attended to, thus this post did not get posted until now. We were doing some minor catching up, but most of it was about what God's been doing in his life and giving him some advice on what to do with his life to get where God wants him (he's in Grade 11 and is starting to think about schools). I'm going to be looking for a Bible college. I suggested Briercrest, but it's all about what God wants him to do, right? It's all good and it will definitely be pretty freaking sweet what God is going to do from here on in. He is almost a completely different person from what he was. That alone is God's doing. God is definitely doing some pretty crazy things in his life :). I, frankly, am quite excited to see what's going to happen in his life over the next while :).


I'm in the middle of your picture in a beautiful collision.

No comments: